Please Read This Terms of Service Carefully Before Using This Site
This Customer Agreement is effective on January 28, 2013, for current users, and upon acceptance for new users.
PLEASE READ THIS CUSTOMER AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE OR SIGNING UP FOR SERVICES
1. Acknowledgement and Acceptance of Terms of Service
This Customer Agreement is between you (“you”, “your”), as an authorized user of the Services, and Cloudessa, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the “Company” or “we”). For purposes of this Agreement, “Services” is defined as any and all services provided by the Company to you either now or in the future and “Account” is defined as the account through which you access the Services.
This Customer Agreement, together with any price plan schedules or other supplemental documents published from time to time by the Company (collectively, the “Agreement”), constitutes the entire agreement between the Company and you regarding the Services, and supersedes all prior agreements between the Company and you regarding the subject matter of this Agreement. By using the Services, you confirm your acceptance of, and agree to be bound by, this Agreement. If you are using the Services on behalf of your employer, you represent that you are authorized to accept this Agreement on your employer’s behalf. The generality of the foregoing notwithstanding, if you and Cloudessa have entered into a separate, written and fully executed CloudessaSM Service or Product Agreement, this Customer Agreement may be modified to the extent expressly provided therein.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, this Agreement will govern the use of any new features that augment or enhance the current Services, including but not limited to the release of new Company software and Services. In the case of any violation of this Agreement, the Company reserves the right to seek all remedies available by law and in equity.
You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age or, as applicable, the age of majority in the country, state and/or province in which you reside, and that you possess the legal right and ability to enter into this Agreement. You agree to be financially responsible for your use of the Services (as well as for use of your account by others, including minors living with you) and to comply with your responsibilities and obligations as stated in this Agreement.
For Canadian Users: Please note that when you place an order to purchase on this Website, it constitutes an offer to purchase and remains subject to the Company’s acceptance. Goods or services listed or described on this Website constitute an invitation to make an offer to purchase.
If you begin, but fail to complete the sign up process for Services, the Company may contact you in an effort to help you sign up for the Services or another service provided by the Company. You hereby authorize the Company to make such contact, even if you ultimately determine not to sign up for any of the services provided by the Company.
2. Modifications to this Agreement and to the Services
The Company may automatically amend this Agreement at any time by posting a revised Agreement on the CloudessaSM Website, and if the amendments are material, the Company will send information regarding the amendment to the email address you provided to the Company. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REGULARLY REVIEWING THE CLOUDESSASM WEBSITE TO OBTAIN TIMELY NOTICE OF SUCH AMENDMENTS. YOU SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED SUCH AMENDMENTS BY CONTINUING TO USE THE SERVICES AFTER SUCH AMENDMENTS HAVE BEEN POSTED OR INFORMATION REGARDING SUCH AMENDMENTS HAS BEEN SENT TO YOU. Otherwise, this Agreement may not be amended except in writing signed by both you and the Company. The Company reserves the right to modify or discontinue any of the Services with or without notice to you and the Company shall not be liable to you or any third party should the Company exercise its right to do so.
3. Services & Products
The Company offers the Services at its Website www.cloudessa.com (together with other Websites owned and operated by the Company, the “CloudessaSM Website”). Individually, the Services are:
- Business Edition: Cloud RADIUS AAA (authentication, authorization and accounting) service with native database support provided directly to you by Cloudessa, or by a Managed Service or Data Center provider under license from CloudessaSM.
- Enterprise Edition: Cloud RADIUS AAA service with advance feature support provided directly to you by CloudessaSM, or by a Managed Service or Data Center provider under license from Cloudessa.
- White Label: Cloud RADIUS AAA with advanced feature support as delivered by you as a managed service provider or data center provider to your customers.
The Company also offers at the CloudessaSM Website the following downloadable software product (“Materials”):
- CloudessaSM Virtual Appliance: Cloud RADIUS server delivered as a downloadable software image for installation on a virtualization platform (subject to acceptance of the Virtual Appliance Licensing Agreement at time of purchase).
5. Your Responsibilities
- GeneralYou must (a) obtain and pay for all equipment and third-party services (e.g., Internet access) required for you to access and use the Services; (b) maintain any security of your user identification, and other confidential information relating to your CloudessaSM Account and; (c) be responsible for all charges resulting from use of your CloudessaSM Account, including unauthorized use prior to your notifying the Company of such use and taking steps to prevent its further occurrence.
- User Account, Password, and SecurityAs part of your registration process, you will be required to provide a valid email address, a user name and select a password. You may change your password after logging in to the CloudessaSM Website. You are entirely responsible for notifying the Company of any change in your email address and for failing to maintain the confidentiality of your password, CloudessaSM Account number and Account information. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your CloudessaSM Account. You agree to immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized use of your CloudessaSM Account or any other breach of security known to you.
- Content of TransmissionsYou are fully responsible for the contents of your transmissions through the Services.
- Prohibited ConductYou may access and use the CloudessaSM Website and the Services only for lawful purposes. You are responsible for any transmission that you send, receive, post, or access via the Services, including the content of any communication. Transmitting, distributing, or storing any material that violates any applicable law is prohibited. Your use of the Services is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations (including without limitation those governing account collection, export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, securities laws or false advertising). You agree: (1) to comply with US law regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States through usage of the Services; (2) not to use the Services for illegal purposes; (3) not to interfere or disrupt networks connected to the Services; (4) to comply with all regulations, policies and procedures of networks connected to the Services; (5) not to use the Services to infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy; (6) not to use the Service to attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems; and (7) not to interfere with another’s use and enjoyment of the Services or similar services.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties
THE COMPANY AND ITS SOFTWARE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, AND NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY OF ITS LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS (“PROVIDERS”) MAKES ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES TO YOU REGARDING THE USABILITY, CONDITION OR OPERATION THEREOF. THE COMPANY AND ITS PROVIDERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, COMPATIBILITY, SECURITY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ITS PROVIDERS WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE COMPANY SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT THE COMPANY SOFTWARE OR SERVICES WILL MEET ANY PARTICULAR CRITERIA OF PERFORMANCE OR QUALITY. YOU WILL NOT RELY ON ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, MADE BY ANY PERSON OTHER THAN AN AUTHORIZED OFFICER OF THE COMPANY, IN EVALUATING THE SERVICES OR SOFTWARE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW IMPLIED WARRANTIES TO BE EXCLUDED OR MODIFIED, SO NOT ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY APPLY TO YOU.
7. Limitation of Liability
YOUR USE OF THE COMPANY SOFTWARE AND SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES OR OTHER MATERIAL (INCLUDING COMPANY SOFTWARE) OBTAINED EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM THE COMPANY. YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY OF ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS WILL BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES (INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY COMPANY SOFTWARE OR SERVICES. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY OF ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS SHALL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY OR BY ANY MEANS, EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FOR ANY COMMUNICATIONS DIFFICULTIES WHETHER WITHIN OR OUTSIDE THE COMPANY’S OR ANY SUCH SERVICE PROVIDER’S CONTROL WHICH COULD LEAD TO THE INTERRUPTION OF SERVICES. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY CLAIMS WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPANY SOFTWARE AND SERVICES AS SET FORTH HEREIN, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACTUAL, TORT OR OTHER GROUNDS, EVEN IF THE COMPANY OR ANY SUCH PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF THE COMPANY AND ITS PROVIDERS AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO THE USE OF THE COMPANY SERVICES AND SOFTWARE OR ANY BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT ARE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF: (I) THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE COMPANY SERVICES IN THE THREE (3) MONTHS PRECEDING THE DATE OF YOUR CLAIM OR (II) U.S. $500.00. YOU HEREBY RELEASE THE COMPANY AND EACH OF ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY AND ALL OBLIGATIONS, LIABILITIES AND CLAIMS IN EXCESS OF THIS LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIABILITY TO BE LIMITED, SO NOT ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY APPLY TO YOU.
- PricesYou agree to pay all charges for your use of the Services at the prices then in effect for your plan. The Company reserves the right to charge value-added taxes (“VAT”), sales or other taxes on the Services as it deems appropriate and the Company reserves the right to change prices or institute new charges for access to or use of the Services.
- Pricing Plan Changes.Company may amend your pricing plan, including any charges thereto, at any time either by (a) posting pricing plan changes on the CloudessaSM Website, (b) sending information regarding the pricing plan changes to the email address you provided to CloudessaSM, or, (c) if and as applicable, as otherwise reflected by a fully executed and effective written Cloudessa quote. You are responsible for regularly reviewing such pricing information. Continued use of the Services or non-termination of your CloudessaSM. Account after changes are sent constitutes your acceptance of the prices as modified by the prices sent.
- Usage ChargesIf the aggregate amount of usage in any given month exceeds that permitted by your subscribed plan, you will be notified by the Company, and will be provided the option to modify your Service level subscription to accommodate the increased usage. After such notification, your usage limit will be enforced.
- PaymentPayment of your CloudessaSM Account balance is due annually, in accordance with your payment plan, this Customer Agreement and the currency in which it is billed, and must be made by the credit or debit card (hereinafter “credit card” will refer to both credit and debit cards) designated by you for CloudessaSM use and transactions or through other methods, including monthly invoicing (if you meet certain criteria) or pre-payment by check or credit card. If your CloudessaSM Account is a qualified business account and is approved by the Company for corporate billing, charges will be accumulated, identified by Customer identification number and invoiced on a monthly basis. Your annual service fee is payable in advance and are COMPLETELY NON-REFUNDABLE. You agree that the Company may submit charges for your annual service fee annually, plus all applicable service level changes, and Late Fees as defined in this Section 9. below, in each case, without further authorization from you, until you provide prior notice (in accordance with the Company’s verification procedures, as may be established by the Company from time to time in its sole discretion) (“Verification Procedures”) that you have terminated this authorization or wish to change your designated card. Such notice will not affect charges submitted before the Company reasonably could act on your notice. Failure to use your account will not be deemed a basis for refusing to pay any charges. If you have any questions regarding any charges that have been applied to your CloudessaSM Account, you must contact Customer Service within thirty (30) days of the charge date.
- Credit Card PaymentsEach time you use the Services, or allow or cause the Services to be used, you agree and reaffirm that the Company is authorized to charge your designated card. If the credit card payment is not received by the Company from the card issuer (or its agent or affiliate), you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by Company. Your card issuer’s agreement governs your use of your designated card, and you must refer to such agreement (not this Agreement) with respect to your rights and liabilities as a cardholder. You are responsible for overdraft fees and all other fees charged by your card issuer. You agree that the Company may (at its option) accumulate charges incurred during your monthly billing cycle and submit them as one or more aggregate charges during or at the end of each cycle, and that the Company may delay obtaining authorization from your card issuer until submission of the accumulated charges. This means that accumulated charges may appear on the statement you receive from your card issuer. In order to avoid interruptions in the Services caused by rejected credit or debit card charges, the Company reserves the right to update your credit or debit card details (such as expiration dates or new card numbers) where this is not prohibited by law. You understand and agree that the Company is entitled to obtain such updated card details, store them and use them to bill charges.
- Providing Notification to CompanyYou must promptly notify the Company of changes to: (a) the account number or expiration date of your designated credit card; (b) your billing address for the designated credit card and (c) the name of each minor whom you have authorized to use your CloudessaSM Account. You must also promptly notify the Company if your card is canceled (e.g., for loss or theft).
- Late or Partial PaymentsAcceptance of late or partial payments (even if marked “Paid in Full”) shall not waive any of our rights to collect the full amount due under this Agreement.
10. Termination or Suspension
- By YouYou may terminate your CloudessaSM Account at any time, with or without cause, upon notice. In order for you to give notice to the Company that you want to terminate your account or Services, you must contact Customer Service by email email@example.com. A Customer Service representative will assist you with terminating your account or Services in accordance with the Company’s Verification Procedures. Upon termination of your account or Services, the Customer Service representative will provide you with a cancellation number. Your account, or Services will not be deemed terminated unless and until you receive the cancellation number.
- By the CompanyThe Company may terminate or suspend your CloudessaSM Account at any time, with or without cause, upon advance notice. The Company reserves the right to do so without prior notice if your CloudessaSM Account is a free account and appears abandoned or the Company modifies its free usage practices, provided that the Company will attempt to confirm such termination or suspension by subsequent notice. The foregoing notwithstanding, the Company may, but is not obligated to, treat your CloudessaSM Account as abandoned if no authentications were attempted or transacted through your CloudessaSM Account for a 90 day period. In addition, the Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate your CloudessaSM Account without notice upon rejection of any credit card charges or if your card issuer (or its agent or affiliate) seeks return of payments previously made to the Company when the Company believes you are liable for the charge. Such rights are in addition to and not in lieu of any other legal rights or remedies available to the Company. The Company reserves the right to limit use of the Services or to terminate any account if we believe unreasonable or unlawful usage has occurred on such account or if the Services are used in a manner that is not permitted by this Agreement. If your account is suspended or terminated and the Company later reactivates your account, the Company may charge you a re-activation fee of $25 (in addition to any Late Fee(s) you may also be charged for a delinquent account), in the Company’s sole and exclusive discretion. The Company also reserves the right to take any action with respect to the Services that it deems necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion if the Company believes you may create liability for the Company, compromise or disrupt the Services for you or others or cause the Company to lose (in whole or in part) the services of the Company’s suppliers.
- Fair Use PolicyOur services are governed by this Fair Use policy. The Company reserves the right to disconnect, terminate or modify your Services if we determine, in our sole discretion, that your usage exceeds more than two (2) times the average level of usage for Cloudessa customers subscribing to like Services within any thirty (30) day period. For purposes of this policy, “usage” means the aggregate number of authentications attempted or transacted per day.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Company and each of its licensors and service providers from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including attorneys’ fees) and damages arising out of claims based upon use of your CloudessaSM Account, including any violation of this Agreement by you or any other person using your account; any claim of libel, defamation, violation of rights of privacy or publicity; any loss of service by other customers; any infringement of intellectual property or other rights of any third parties; or any violation of any laws or regulations prohibiting transmission of unsolicited faxes or emails.
12. Ownership; No Resale Of The Services
- All programs, services, processes, designs, software, technologies, trademarks, trade names, inventions and materials comprising the Service are wholly owned by the Company and/or its service providers except where expressly stated otherwise. You may not use the Company’s service marks trademarks, trade names, patents, copyrights or other intellectual property rights without the Company’s prior written permission.
- Your right to use the Services is personal to you. Unless you and the Company have entered into a separate written and fully executed executory CloudessaSM Managed Service Partner Agreement or CloudessaSM Managed IT Service Provider Reseller Agreement, you agree not to resell the use of the Services.
13. Notices; Consent
Notices given by the Company to you will be given by email, by a general posting on the CloudessaSM Website or by conventional mail. Notices given by you to the Company must be given by email or by conventional mail (subject, however, to the Company’s Verification Procedures, which may include the requirement that you contact the Company by phone to confirm that any such notice was in fact sent by you). Notices to the Company by conventional mail must be sent to Cloudessa, Inc., ATTN: Legal, 2225 East Bayshore Road Suite 200, Palo Alto, CA, 94303 U.S.A. In any matter requiring the Company’s prior consent, such consent will be considered given only if made in writing by an authorized representative of the Company.
14. General Terms
THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, U.S.A., EXCLUDING ITS CONFLICTS-OF-LAW RULES, GOVERN THIS AGREEMENT AND YOUR USE OF THE COMPANY SOFTWARE AND SERVICES. THE UN CONVENTION ON CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS IS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION FOR ANY CLAIM OR DISPUTE ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE COMPANY SOFTWARE OR SERVICES RESIDES IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE CENTRAL DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA OR A SUPERIOR COURT FOR THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA LOCATED IN SANTA CLARA COUNTY. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. The Company’s failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive the Company’s right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement or any rights hereunder, and any attempt to the contrary is void. The Company shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting directly or indirectly from any causes beyond the Company’s reasonable control. Parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors, although such technology may not be effective with regard to receipt of email or other messages as provided as part of the Services.
15. Consumer Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California Customers are entitled to the following specific consumer rights information:
- Pricing Information. Current rates for using the Service may be obtained by calling Customer Service. The Company reserves the right to change recurring fees or Usage Charges and surcharges or to institute new fees at any time, as provided for in the Section entitled “Modifications to this Agreement and to the Services” above.
- Complaints. The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1020 N. Street, #501, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at 1-916-445-1254.
16. LEGAL NOTICES
- Service Mark InformationCloudessaSM, and RADIUS-as-a-ServiceSM, and Cloudessa RADIUSSM are service marks or trademarks of the Company or the Company’s Affiliate(s) in the United States and other countries. The Company’s service marks or trademarks may be used publicly only with written permission from the Company. Fair use of the Company’s service marks or trademarks in advertising and promotion of the Company’s services requires proper acknowledgement.
- Single Copy LicenseThe materials at the CloudessaSM Website, www.cloudessa.com and the web pages within it (the “Site”), are copyrighted and any unauthorized use of such materials may violate copyright, trademark and other laws. You may download one copy of the information or software (“Materials”) found on the Site on a single computer for your personal, non-commercial internal use only unless specifically licensed to do otherwise by the Company in writing or as allowed by any license terms which accompany or are provided with individual Materials. This is a license, not a transfer of title, and is subject to the following restrictions: you may not:
- Modify the Materials or use them for any commercial purpose, or any public display, performance, sale or rental;
- Decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble software Materials except and only to the extent permitted by applicable law;
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notices from the Materials;
- Transfer the Materials to another person. You agree to prevent any unauthorized copying of the Materials.
- Termination of this LicenseThe Company may terminate this license at any time if you are in breach of the terms of this Agreement. Upon termination, you will immediately destroy the Materials.
- Ownership of MaterialsMaterials are copyrighted and are protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. They may not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way without the Company’s prior written permission. Except as expressly provided herein, the Company and its providers do not grant any express or implied right to you under any patents, copyrights, trademarks or trade secret information. Other rights may be granted to you by the Company in writing or incorporated elsewhere in the Materials.
- LinksLinks provided on the Site are provided solely as a convenience to you and the provision of any such link does not constitute our endorsement of the linked website or its provider or of any of the content, products or services contained or offered therein. Your use of linked websites is subject to the conditions, if any, that each of those websites has posted. You agree that the Company is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency or any other aspect of the contents, products, Services or any transmissions received through such websites. You further agree that the Company has no liability whatsoever from such third party websites and your usage of them.
- DisclaimerTHE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCENTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE MATERIALS, EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OF LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
The Company and its providers further do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these Materials. The Company may make changes to these Materials, or to the services described therein, at any time without notice. The Company makes no commitment to update the Materials.