GlobalReach Technology connects London to cities of San Francisco and San Jose with seamless, secure Passpoint Hotspot 2.0 Wi-Fi service allowing users to access participating Wi-Fi networks automatically.
GlobalReach Technology, the cloud WiFi company has acquired the Intelligent Captive Portal and Cloud RADIUS / AAA technology company, Cloudessa, Inc.
GlobalReach is the leading provider of carrier-grade cloud WiFi and Passpoint™ Hotspot 2.0 services. They have designed and built some of the world’s most complex WiFi services. Odyssys® is their cloud WiFi software solution that provides businesses large and small with private and public WiFi. Their experience and depth of knowledge of all things cloud, analytics and WiFi ensures that customers can depend on reliable, scalable services that work with all common WiFi hardware.
Cloudessa, whose mission is to provide businesses with powerful and versatile cloud-hosted network access security solutions, produces smart, cost-effective products that allow enterprises and hotspot network providers to secure and control all WiFi, BYOD, and remote VPN access to their networks.
Commenting Nigel Wesley, CEO, said, “The acquisition of Cloudessa is a good fit with GlobalReach. It offers us access to a powerful technology platform. We will be integrating the technology into our Odyssys® cloud WiFi service, adding some great functionality to our carrier-grade WiFi, including integration with Google Apps, Social WiFi and other widely used enterprise databases, such as LDAP and Active Directory. We look forward to delivering a broader set of services to our customers and helping them get more out of their WiFi.”
With the explosive growth in the use of mobile devices, WiFi access has become increasingly important to businesses over the past few years. As you move to implement WiFi access, one important consideration is how user authentication will be handled: Will you be forced to create and maintain a separate database of usernames and passwords for WiFi access? Or is there an easier way?
When you implement RADIUS authentication and captive portal solutions from Cloudessa, there’s an easier way: You’ll be able to reuse your existing authentication infrastucture — for example, Active Directory — to authenticate WiFi users as well, with no additional data entry required.
- You can use your existing authentication stores, including Active Directory, SQL, and LDAP, to authenticate WiFi users
- For captive portal access, your WiFi users can connect using their Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or LinkedIn credentials
- You can enable SAML-based login, authenticating users to the network against SAML providers Ping Identity, Okta, OneLogin, or Microsoft ADFS
- If you’ve moved your productivity tools to Google Apps, you can even authenticate your WiFi users against the database of usernames and passwords stored by Google in the cloud
The Cloudessa AAA engine lets users quickly and easily login to the WiFi network with existing credentials – avoiding the hassle of creating and remembering credentials for the different networks they access.
Cloudessa supports industry-standard security protocols, including RADIUS, 802.1x, PEAP, EAP-TTLS, WPA2-Enterprise, PAP, and CHAP; for captive portal access, it also supports OAuth and SAML.
Are you concerned your WiFi network isn’t as secure as it needs to be? Does your company’s WiFi security depend on outdated technologies such as WEP or WPA? Has the cost of implementing secure WiFi always been prohibitively high for your organization?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we encourage you to take a look at Cloudessa RADIUS-as-a-Service.
Cloudessa RADIUS-as-a-Service is a cloud-hosted RADIUS server that provides powerful WiFi security and management benefits, at an affordable price that scales with size.
- It provides industry-standard WiFi security — Cloudessa supports industry-standard WiFi security protocols including 802.1X, WPA2, and EAP-TTLS, EAP-TLS, and EAP-PEAP, to ensure the security of users’ login credentials and data on the wireless link.
- It slashes network management time — Cloudessa RADIUS authenticates WiFi, BYOD, and VPN users against your existing credential stores, including Active Directory, SQL, LDAP, and new cloud user stores such as Google Apps. You won’t need to manually enter usernames and passwords or perform other redundant tasks, and your critical data stays completely under your control.
- Its cloud-hosted architecture provides significant cost savings — With Cloudessa, there are no dedicated servers to maintain, no software to install, and no maintenance subscriptions to buy; instead, you pay a low monthly subscription fee based on the number of users who connect.
Read more about Cloudessa RADIUS-as-a-Service.
More and more organizations are moving network services and productivity tools to the cloud, and with good reason: No software to install, no servers to maintain, and usage-based subscription fees. These benefits provide compelling cost savings, and free IT staff to focus on core functions.
Now, Cloudessa is offering cloud-hosted WiFi user authentication, security, and management: You’ll get the robust functionality you need to set up secure WiFi access for employees and convenient network access for visitors, as well as the ability to engage with connected WiFi users — all while enjoying the cost-savings benefits of a shared multi-tenant infrastructure.
Cloudessa’s products include:
- Cloudessa RADIUS-as-a-Service is a low-cost, scalable way to add RADIUS/802.1x authentication to your network. Whether you’re new to RADIUS or wish to replace your on-premises RADIUS servers, Cloudessa vastly simplifies how you manage and secure Wi-Fi, BYOD, and remote VPN access to your network. It’s simple to configure, allows you to pay for only the services and number of users you actually require, and is free for up to 10 users.
- Cloudessa AAA and Captive Portal Cloud Service — Cloudessa AAA and Captive Portal Cloud Service is a cloud services platform that lets organizations easily deploy WiFi access via browser-based login, and engage with connected WiFi users.
Cloudessa AAA and Captive Portal Cloud Service, our lets you easily deploy WiFi captive portals.
Cloudessa AAA and Captive Portal Cloud Service benefits:
- Increase the average value of every customer visit — Engage with WiFi users to upsell products, increase social network following, and drive membership in loyalty programs
- Provide the easiest WiFi connectivity, fully integrated with your existing infrastructure — WiFi users can login with their loyalty program credentials, social networking credentials, or virtually any other back-end database system you’re running
- Increase brand awareness — Cost-effectively deliver campaigns that promote brand recognition and engagement
Whether your goal is to monetize the free WiFi service you provide your customers, to influence purchasing behavior in the same way that online retailers are able to, or simply to provide the easiest BYOD network connectivity possible, Cloudessa provides the flexibility you need to create the WiFi user experience that makes sense for your business.
Read more about Cloudessa AAA and Captive Portal Cloud Service.